Frequently Ask Questions
How inline editing works?
Some of the pages in the admin menu allow inline editing. In order to do this:
- Click on the line you want to edit(It turns yellow)
- Put the cursor/mouse on the field you want to edit and click it
- Type in or modify the text
- In order to comfirm these changes. You MUST hit ENTER while the cursor/mouse is there
- If you want to abandon these changes, move the mouse/cursor outside the editing line. Nothing will change.
What is an online submission?
Online submissions are submitted online by submitters. A online submission can be typed or uploaded from a file (pdf or Ms Word)
What is a batch submission?
Batch submissions are not entered directly into the system by the submitter. Instead they are sent by mail or handed in to the office that process the submission. Once these submissions are digitalised they are entered by an officer in the submission system.
how to disable IE 8 : "stop running this script?"
How the @submitter.name is assembled?
The @submitter.name is formed in the following ways depending on the title you choose
if the title is 'Mr' or 'Ms' or 'Mss' or 'Dr' or 'Prof' or 'Cr'
@submitter.name will be title + first name + last name
if the title is 'Mr and Mr' or 'Mr and Ms' or 'Ms and Ms' or 'Mr and Mrs'
@submitter.name will be first part of the title(Mr/Ms) + name one + and + second part of title(Mr/Ms) + name two
For example if you need a submission by 'Mr Mel and Mrs Vicki Crossly'
- select title 'Mr and Mrs'
- type 'Mel' in the first name
- and type 'Vicki Crossly' in the last name
In case none of the above fit your need you always can
Choose a blank title and @submitter.name will be first name + last_name
In this case you can add any title to the first name and/or last name. If you want to join the names with 'and' add it at the end of first name
For example if you have a submission by 'President Charles Degaulle and Mademoiselle Brigitte Bardot'
- Leave the title empty
- type 'President Charles Degaulle and' in the first name
- and type 'Mademoiselle Brigitte Bardot' in the last name
How do you add new users in submissions?
Login as admin
Select People - Employees. Ignore the Users option, they automatically get added here as well.
Enter the name email address etc.
Once added, user types can be edited in the User screen:
Admin --> has full rights to the system
Employee --> can do maintenance only
User --> Ignore